Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Building a Better Triathlete


A want to be triathlete - barely in shape. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him, we have the technology. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

---------------------------------------------------------
So two weeks into my weight lose program here is where things stand:

I will admit not bad but still along way from my goal of 200. I guess practically living at the gym is beginning to pay off somewhat, also made changes to my eating habits...tuna and jalapeƱos mustard or spicy mustard is the best wrap ever.

I have been thinking about what I will do after my race in September during the off season. Then again what is this thing called “off-season”?

I am toying with the idea of getting a personal trainer to help get me in shape for next season since I would like to do The Spirit of Morgantown, which is an Olympic distance race. In order to do this I need to drop weight, build muscle, and improve my cycling and running.

In a perfect world I could do this on my own but I need someone there cracking the whip and pushing me and making sure I do it correctly.

The following needs to be done:


  1. Work on strengthening the CORE and dropping weight
  2. These have got to go
  3. Flabby arms into lean muscle
  4. Work on building strength in legs and knee
It's doable just going to take some work.

Well off to bed...might do the 5:30am Spin class....

No comments: