Friday, August 8, 2008

Thank You Sir, May I Have Another?

Masochism
1. gratification gained from pain, deprivation, degradation, etc., inflicted or imposed on oneself, either as a result of one's own actions or the actions of others, esp. the tendency to seek this form of gratification.
2. the act of turning one's destructive tendencies inward or upon oneself.
--------------------
So after much thought I have decided that my race on September 21st is not going to be my last race of the season. Remember back after the Pinebush I was trying to decide between the two races over in Massachusetts and I picked the NANTASKET SPRINT? Well at the time I picked that race because I thought I would possibly beoing over to Cleveland to see an Indians game. Well this week I was checking the schedule and it turns out I was wrong and they do not have a game the weekend of September 28th.

So I was thinking what can I do??? Then I remembered that the Buzzard Bay triathlon was that weekend. Tuesday I rode with my tri-coach to the Crystal Lake practice and told her about my next race and about the Buzzard Bay race.

So Wednesday and Thursday I started batted around the idea of possibly doing the second race but was wondering if it might be too much since they are one week apart. So I asked my coach last night and she said it would be fine since they are both Sprint races and I could do the Buzzard's Bay as a simulator if I wanted.

So the race is:
1/3 mile Ocean Swim
14.75 miles Bike
3.25 mile (5k) run


So it should be a challenging race

Maybe I could find a race in October....Yeah I am a glutton for punishment

No comments: