Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So What Now?

So now that I have done my first Triathlon and I have been bitten by the bug.

The other race in the area that is popular is the Crystal Lake Triathlon, which is a 1/2 mile swim, 18 mile bike, and 3 mile run. Unfortunately I am going to be on vacation in California on the day of the race so I have been looking online and found two possible races:
The Fantastic Nantasket Beach Triathlon
Buzzard Bay

But if I don't do either of these I do plan on continuing my training and know where I need to work.

Swimming:
I would like to learn the Total Immersion Technique. and increase my efficiency in the water


Biking:
I really need to get comfortable and used to shifting the gears into the correct positions. Also need to work on being able to reach down and grab the water bottle while I am riding. Right now I am just focusing on balancing and staying upright.

Running:
This is where I need the most work. I think a big part of it is going to be dropping about 20-30 lbs while building lean muscle and strengthening my knee. I bought The Runner's Handbook : The Bestselling Classic Fitness Guide for Beginning and Intermediate Runners























So hopefully I can get some good tips to help me build up and become a better runner. If I can cut 5-10 minutes of my run then that would be awesome and help me improve my race times.

This is all dependent on what I find out next Wednesday when I go to see the doctor about my tendinitis in my right knee which hasn't gone away yet,

Okay really I will post the I have pictures tomorrow.

No comments: